Sunday 17 June 2018

Weekly Musings

2018 - Week Twenty Four
'Honour both the crazy and the peace in you. You will need one to create, and the other to ensure you do not destroy what you create.'
(Erin Van Vuren)


IT'S BIRTHDAY WEEK! It started with a very pleasant trip to Tarporley on Monday, a quaint little village in Cheshire. The weather is still amazing so Emily and I decided to go on a roadtrip somewhere and Tarporley has been on my list for a while. We had a wander, got some lunch at Chestnut Cafe (formerly No 6 The Tea Room) and relaxed in a park before heading back so I could do the afternoon school run. I had onion chutney, stilton and grapes on granary toast, which was a great taste combination, with an iced coffee. It was so nice to make the most of a day! 


On Thursday it was the big day, and although I was working I treated myself to getting my nails done and having a hair cut. I decided to take the plunge and get '70s style bangs cut in on a centre parting, which is taking some getting used to but I really like the change and have had loads of compliments on it, which is never a bad thing! I also got a birthday themed poem up on Instagram here.


I didn't finish work until half 7, but when I got home I was in for a surprise! Chris had the Love Island theme tune playing in the communal corridor (sorry neighbours!) and had put candles by the doormat and a sign on the door... The candle theme continued throughout the whole flat, and he had a bath ready for me with chilled prosecco on the side, a paneer curry bubbling away for tea, and a caterpillar cake for dessert! He had put so much effort in I was so touched, and to top it off he wore one of my favourite shirts of his, and bought me a new fancy yoga mat and the Stories for Rebel Girls book of short stories which is ace. Massive boyfriend points all round.


The following day I met up with Lydia in Lymm for a bridesmaid dress fitting and a quick coffee afterwards. Wearing the actual dress was so exciting (we had previously only tried samples of it on in different colours) and I can't wait until it is all adjusted and ready for the wedding day, I'm sure it will come around in no time. That evening Chris and I took the dogs to Levenshulme night market to meet up with Timna and her boyfriend Sam. We had some tasty dumplings and spring rolls from Rockin' Buddha, gin cocktails and salted caramel brownies from Lush Brownies - heaven! I love the community spirit in Levenshulme, and am keen to support local businesses whenever I can; the market is always buzzing and full of good vibes, and usually lots of super cute doggos too!


Yesterday I started another week of living at Aum's whilst his parents are away, but since I had already made plans for birthday part three I took him to his Grandma's to stay the night so I didn't have to sacrifice my partying! I met up with a few of the girls and Smeed at Altrincham Market for a couple of drinks, before moving on to The Cellar where Tasha's sister Genevieve also joined us. It wasn't a crazy one, but it was lovely to all get together for a catch up and a few bevvies, and the girls bought me a new Pandora bracelet and some charms which are beaut. I could definitely feel the alcohol buzz when I was walking home, and the house behind Aum's was having a mad party in a marquee with a full band when I got in, proper cool to bounce around the room getting ready for bed to!


Today I had a bit of a lie in and then went to collect Aum, and we have had a quiet day at home, which has been blissful after a hectic week, albeit for all the right reasons. Track for this week is the new single from Lily Allen, who I have never previously liked that much, but this tune is a real ear worm and I can't get it out of my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment