Sunday 8 July 2018

Weekly Musings

2018 - Week Twenty Seven
'Put a dreamer in a box and watch that box get larger and larger.'
(Jon Lupin)



This week started very luxuriously with a chill at Emily's in the hot tub that Smeed hired for the weekend for her birthday! That evening I met up in town with my friend Lucy for a few drinks at Slug and Lettuce; the one in Spinningfields has an outdoor terrace which was beaut in the evening sunshine. Aum broke up for summer on Wednesday (crazy early I know) so we went for celebratory nachos for lunch at Chiquito's and then spent the afternoon with some of his friends in Stamford Park. I can't believe he is making the jump up to secondary school in September, he was only four when I started looking after him, time flies!


On Thursday I had my eyelashes done ready for my America trip, which I am in love with. I used Charlotte's Eyelash Extensions (a friend of a friend who does them for a living), and it took her about an hour and a half to glue them all individually, but they last 4-6 weeks so it will save a lot of faff whilst I am travelling. On Friday I had a bridesmaid dress fitting at Puure in Lymm, it was fab to see the actual dress I will wear on the day, I just have to hope I don't put on a load of weight in America now. As I had to drag Aum there with me I treated him to lunch at Sexton's Bakery, I had a goats cheese, spinach and onion marmalade toastie that was delish.  


On Friday night Chris's band Heavy on the Magic played at Dulcimer in Chorlton, and all the family came along to watch. Mum and Dad have seen the lads before, but it was Jasmine's first time and she was very impressed. Their friends' band Giant Boys played before them, a heavy grungy duo who really got the crowd pumped. We all got a bit boozy and then I went back to the boat with Chris to get some shuteye before MOVING WEEKEND!


Yesterday Mum and I did some more packing up of the flat and general tidying/ organising ready for the proper move the following morning. In the evening as a bit of a halfway through reward, Chris and I went for tea at The Ashlea in Cheadle, swapping some of my many Tesco points for vouchers. We had forty quid to spend, and managed to get three courses each, which we sat outside to eat to make the most of it being sunny. We shared stilton and mushrooms on toast, and harissa courgette skewers for starter, and then I had sea bass and scallops with a creamy prawn and pea risotto, whilst Chris had a veggie burger. For dessert I went for the summer classic of Eton mess, but Chris opted for the opposite winter warmer of sticky toffee pudding! It was all really hearty wholesome food, perfect after a long day of house prep.


Today has been hard work! Massive thanks has to go to Chris's mate Andy who kindly lent us his van and driving services for the day, and to my dad and Chris for doing all the heavy lifting whilst I stood ordering them around (although I did sort crucial refreshments). It is so exciting that all my furniture is now boxed and stored in the new house, and my flat is cleaned and locked up ready for the new owner. I have spent over four and a half years in the flat, but it is time for a new venture, and the house needs a complete overhaul so I think it is the perfect project; though ask me again in a couple of months!


Track of the week at the top is by Manchester band Pale Waves, who I have already had my eye on for their cool new romantic/ goth aesthetic, but this new track came out on my birthday and has become an ear worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment