Sunday 24 September 2017

Weekly Musings

2017 - Week Thirty Eight
'Hate is a self-destructive emotion. It is how a soul commits suicide.'
(Michael Faudet)

First things first, my song for this week is below, and I am buzzing off her at the moment, if you're a fan of wistful sounding female vocalists mixed with experimental electro noise then check her album out. She was the girl discovered by Pharrell - you may have seen the video that went viral where she played him Alaska her debut track.


It has been a week of tranquility and rejuvenation, which doesn't happen very often in my life! On Monday I did a yoga class in the evening, which always gets my week off to a gorgeous start and helps to detox my mind of any chaos still remaining from the weekend. On Wednesday I met up with Moj at the gym that we are both members of, and we went in the sauna/ steam room/ jacuzzi which was a way of saving money on a date but still getting out of the flat and doing something!


I had tea at mum and dad's on Thursday as my grandpa was visiting, and on Friday I had a night playing domestic goddess and made a veggie curry and some sugar free spiced carrot scones from Fearne Cotton's Cook Happy Cook Healthy book. On Saturday we drove my grandpa home to Yorkshire and then went to see my other grandparents nearby. I spent the evening watching crap telly and browsing Rightmove with dreams of moving into a house, whilst being fed copious cups of tea and sweeties, and was in bed for 11pm. Today (after watching a tractor rally drive past my grandparent's house!) we took the dog to Hornsea beach for a run around, and then drove back home and I'm currently catching up on some TV, I'm nearly finished with Riviera, a crime/ drama with Julia Stiles set in Monaco that's decent. 


I think most would agree that the body craves a bit of mindless downtime now and again, but for me whenever I am at home I get swept up into doing odd jobs, feeling guilty about work that I should be getting on with or invariably get called up for a spontaneous drink that turns into regret and a hangover. It was so relaxing getting away even if only for a night, and recharging my batteries. Listen to your bodies folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment