Sunday 4 March 2018

Weekly Musings

2018 - Week Nine
'Come closer than my skin, I'll show you what it's like to begin again.'
(Perry Poetry)

It has been bliss this week being back in the comfort of my flat with my trusty hound, and it's been a really easy one for me work-wise; Aum had barely any homework so I finished early on a few days, and I even had Wednesday afternoon off due to a school meeting meaning his mum collected him, bonus! My weird mood from last week quicky dissipated, I heard it was something to do with an unusual moon which really affected some people? My track for this week is CHVRCHES new one featuring Matt Berninger from The National, which I am obsessed with, it is almost embarrassing how many plays of it I have racked up this week, but I love the contrast of the band's classic upbeat '80s synth with the sadness of the vocals and lyrics.


Due to my spontaneous free afternoon, I ventured out to grapple with the 'Beast from the East' with Ferryn on the football fields behind mine. It was like walking through the tundra! The wind was howling and kicking up all the snow into swirls in the air, and stupidly I had chosen to wear gym leggings so could barely feel my legs when I got back; I swiftly prescribed myself a steamy hot chocolate to cure the affliction.


On Friday Chris came and took refuge at mine for the day due to the insane wind rocking his canal boat and blowing all the smoke from the fire back inside it. It was cute us both just cracking on with our work sheltering from the elements, and in the evening he made us vegan pizzas from scratch, so I treated us to some Sweet Octopus goodies - a mocha bean stack, and a chocolate orange mousse dome, which we ate whilst watching Crash, what a classic.


Yesterday my mum came 'round and we drove into Cheadle to the Maker's Market for a wander and some lunch. We shared a roasted veg, goat's cheese and chilli jam pizza twist, and a cherry cheesecake brownie for dessert. We then broke our Lidl virginity (anywhere that sells fresh chocolate hazelnut croissants for 45p has my heart) and she dyed my hair ready for a much awaited night out with the girls.


Tasha and Abi came to mine for a couple of predrinks before we got an Uber into Didsbury village to The Botanist. We had some cocktails whilst a live duo played, and then left at midnight to move on elsewhere before we realised there wasn't really anywhere to go! After a pitstop in a random pub to get out of the freezing temperatures we got another taxi to Burton Road and went to Hula. It seems to have the same playlist every time we go, is always rammed and takes about half an hour to get served for a drink, but we got to have a dance at least!


Today Chris and I both had the whole day completely off in the flat, which has only happened once in the entire time we've been together! We had a lie in, drank coffee and ate pastries in bed for breakfast, and have just finished eating an adapted roast dinner (toad in the hole) whilst chain-watching House of Cards. What Sundays are made for!

No comments:

Post a Comment