Saturday 7 April 2012

Treats!

Gelish and Minx nails!

I am off to New York next week with four of my friends to visit our friend Abi who lives there. I have never been before and am very excited!

I get my nails done every couple of weeks at a salon called Peaches and Cream near my house in Timperley, but wanted to treat myself to something a bit different in preparation for my trip. My friend Hana and I booked ourselves in together so that we could have a bit of a gossip whilst getting them done. We were both having Gelish put on our fingernails, which is basically a gel based nail varnish that I adore, as it is chip resistant, dries instantly and lasts for upto three weeks. Considering I work as a nanny and in a pub, it is great to not have to worry about painting my nails everyday as they can chip so easily with standard nail varnish. It comes in a variety of different colours, some of which can be layered over each other to create effects such as a new colour, or a glitter/ shimmer. Since discovering it in Autumn, I have never looked back, and get so frustrated with normal polish now!


I chose a gorgeous bright coral shade called Tiger Blossom, while Hana went for a traditional french polish (which is slightly more expensive at £28 instead of £25). I wanted something that was obvious enough that it could be noticed, but not a colour I wear very often, so that it didn't clash with my clothes.

As well as getting our fingers done, we also had a pedicure and our toenails painted. Rather than going for Gelish again like Hana did - she chose a dark plum colour called Rendezvous - I opted for Minx. Minx are basically foil transfers that come in loads of designs, and they stay on your nails for about a week on fingers, and upto six on toes. I took ages deciding which ones to have, before settling on a blue and black striped pattern, that I'm really happy with. They look so unusual and were definitely the extra treat that I needed for my holiday, roll on Tuesday!

1 comment: