Sunday 29 April 2012

Weekly Update!

Chatter, Platters and 90s Dancing!

Because I had so much to do after New York I decided to take a full 2 week break from blogging, so there are some things at the back end of last week that I haven't been able to include. Nothing substantial to report, apart from the fact that I now have a lovely new boyfriend (the guy who I went on a date with just before my holiday) and therefore this week my social life has perked up slightly more than usual and been a good mixed bag of pursuits!

The beginning of the week (Mon-Weds) was fairly quiet, I went for coffee and cake with Hannah and Natasha on Monday at Gastronomy in Hale, a lovely little cafe/ wine bar that was much bigger than I expected from the outside. The rest of the time was spent working out, running errands, the usual. I did get chance to dye my hair though, and to pick up a dress that I had the zip mended on ready for a wedding on Saturday.

On Thursday I went with Sam to a pub for a few drinks to celebrate his friends birthday. It was the Sale Sharks rugby team end of season night out, so there were some very interesting fancy dress costumes to look at to keep me entertained! On Friday I went to Emily and Smeed's for a catch up, as it had been ages since I saw either of them. It was nice just to chat and fill them in on what we'd been upto in New York, and the latest on my love life! Afterwards I headed into Hale to meet up with Lydia and Sam for some drinks once she'd finished work. As usual (the three of us are clearly a bad influence on each other) we stayed out until 2am, got horrendously drunk, and ended up back at mine drinking Baileys until silly o'clock in the morning. It was a really fun and spontaneous night though, which is always good fun.

The following morning I obviously felt awful, but somehow managed to get through a six hour shift before getting ready in a massive rush and going to Sam's to go to the wedding of one of his friends. It was certainly a very quiet one, but the group of us that went made it a fun night anyway by getting slightly tipsy and requesting 90s dance routine songs that us girls then performed for the room. We were home at just gone midnight, goosed from the previous nights antics!

Today I've had a really lovely time actually. We met up with Jen and Simmo (the couple we were out with last night) and went for lunch at The Alderley Grill which was really nice. We shared a Mezze platter that had pitta bread, olives, houmous, tzatziki stuffed peppers, vine leaves and other little nibbley bits between the four of us, and then I had a cobb salad with chicken, bacon and blue cheese. Apart from the bacon being a little too crispy for my liking, it was all delicious, and gave us some shelter from the horrible rain that kept up all day. This evening we went to Jen and Simmo's and watched both Kung Fu Panda films, which I really enjoyed having never seen them before. Simmo made us all a lasagne, which we somehow managed to eat despite still being stuffed from lunch and then we went home at ten ready to start another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment