Sunday 9 April 2017

Weekly Musings

2017 - Week Fourteen
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.'
(Nietsche)

This week I have been off work, and had specifically not planned very much with the intention of chilling out, getting some jobs done around the house, and having a few spontaneous days/ nights out; and I have done exactly that! 


I eventually got the review of Lewis Watson's gig that I went to last week up on Candid, read it here.On Monday I had a seriously lazy day after the busyness of last week; I watched a load of telly, got a poem up on Instagram (read it and my other from this week here) caught up on some work emails, did a relaxing yoga class in the evening and then made barbecue pulled pork with roasted sweet potato and squash for my tea. 

On Tuesday I met up with my friend Hannah and we went for a walk around Tatton Park with the dog. The weather turned out to be gorgeous in the afternoon so we even managed to have a cheeky honeycomb ice cream in the courtyard before walking back to Hannah's for a brew.


That evening I went to C's house in Poynton about 15 mins from me, as he had invited me round for dinner. He cooked us some lovely spicy fajitas and I had some prosecco, though I was driving so had to be sensible. I still didn't really know what to expect after last week's date (if it was even that?!), so went with an open mind. Again it wasn't awkward, conversation flowed and considering I was pretty much sober this time I felt totally chilled and had a good time. There was a bit more flirting, but even after walking me to my car at the end of the night there was still no proper kiss, which is completely unheard of for me haha! Not sure if he was nervous or just waiting for me to make a move...weirdly though it doesn't worry me, I know he's interested, I think I've just not had my head in the game recently so have been a bit oblivious. I left definitely feeling more into it than before so I'm just letting things happen, maybe it's a slow burner!


On Wednesday I met up with Rosie for a late lunch at Beech Road Cafe in Chorlton. I had the most amazing poached eggs, served with tomato chutney, spinach, grilled halloumi and mushrooms on a buttered bagel - it was that delish that I took home a slice of their coconut and raspberry bakewell tart for dessert to try. On Thursday my mum and dad were finally back from Sri Lanka, along with crazy tans, lots of photos of cute elephants and some great presents; I got some Sri Lankan tea leaves, an elephant keyring and some incredible harem pants that I cannot wait to wear!


On Friday I met Ellie in Alty for tea and a scone at Sugar Junction on her lunch break, and afterwards I did a spot of shopping and had my nails done. In the evening a few of us went to Ellie and Jordan's to celebrate their housewarming with some homemade sangria, and I managed to find some prosecco scented candles in cut off bottles, which I thought was a fun twist on a traditional bottle of fizz for a gift!


Yesterday we headed to Leeds mid-morning for my cousin's wedding at Woodlands Hotel. The weather, bride, venue, in fact just about everything was beautiful, and lots of family had travelled a long way to be there so it was a fantastic celebration. Lots of prosecco, dancing (the above track for this week had everyone on the dancefloor!), photographs and laughs were had by all, and I eventually made it to bed at 4,30am after doing sambuca shots at the bar with the Best Man, and Groom's friend. 


A very sore head was endured today, but luckily the sunshine kept up and we enjoyed a huge picnic and couple of pints of cider at a local cricket club before going back to Manchester, where I am about to go back out to Gorilla to watch 2manyDJs, making the most of still being off work tomorrow - update to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment