Monday 5 February 2018

Weekly Musings

2018 - Week Five
'Oh the things we would do and the chances we would take, if we could only realise that there is no such thing as tomorrow.'
(David Jones)


The start of this week was rather quiet, made up for by a bustling weekend! I did get to spend Wednesday morning with Chris as he had the day off which was a pleasant surprise; I made us pancakes with raspberries and brown sugar for breakfast, and then ventured to Altrincham Market for some lunch with Abi to celebrate her birthday. I had a tasty cheese and spinach quiche from Great North Pie Co, and a chai latte from Market House Coffee. It is such a cosy, friendly atmosphere there and the food is top notch; I love that it is right on my doorstep. I also got a poem up on Instagram that evening, read it here.


I babysat on Thursday, and on Friday after work I went to visit Chris on the boat for the night. We watched Whiplash, another off our film list, which we really enjoyed. I left early on Saturday morning as I had some cooking to do for a surprise afternoon tea party the girls and I were holding for Abi's birthday. I made tomato, pesto and goats cheese tartlets from Fearne Cotton's Cook Happy Cook Healthy recipe book, and aubergine, feta and olive filo rolls from a Marie Claire cook book I have. We all hid in Abi's kitchen until her little sister Anna ushered her home at 2.30pm, where we were armed with party poppers, balloons and lots of yummy treats. She had no idea, and it was so nice having all of us together, especially now Hana is back from Australia, all my goodies were wolfed down!


I had to leave at 5pm as I was going into Manchester for a meal with Mum and Jasmine at Zizzi in the new Corn Exchange. It was part of Mum's Christmas present along with tickets to see The Script at Manchester Arena afterwards. We shared two starters, the Fonduta Formaggi (gorgonzola, gruyere and pecorino fondue with dough balls) and the wild boar polpette (meatballs with mozzerella and chilli threads) which were both amazing, and then Mum and I went halves on the king prawn linguine and the pasta della casa which had chicken, pancetta, spinach and cheese oven baked in a mushroom sauce. We had trusty Tesco vouchers to pay for it, so it was cheap a chips as well as being bloody yummy!


The concert afterwards was brilliant. Ella Eyre supported, although we only saw a couple of her songs once we'd stocked up on wine at the bar and found our seats, which were some of the best in the house. The Script played all their classics old and new, and had everyone singing along and dancing in their seats (I have included my favourite by them as my track of the week above). At one point the band came out properly into the crowd, keyboards and all to perform a couple of tunes which was cool.


Today has been very civilised, I had a lie in for the first time in ages, and then Mum and I went to The Village Hotel in Cheadle to an antiques fair for a wander around. I was hoping for some inspiration for furniture pieces for the new house, but it was mainly ornaments and jewellery, albeit beautiful. I bought a gorgeous bracelet, but I could have spent a fortune on all the vintage rings! Chris and I have just had veggie fajitas for tea and watched the first episode of House of Cards (late to the game I know) I definitely think it will be a grower, so ep two awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment