Sunday 14 August 2011

Weekly Update!

Shopping, Restyling & Sticky Toffee Pudding!
Unlike last week where I had four glorious days off at the start of the week, I was in work at 7am on Monday morning for an 8 hour shift. Once that was over though I was off until Friday, so it wasn't too bad.

On Tuesday I had a lovely lie in and did some odd jobs around the house, as well as taking a trip to the gym. Wednesday I went shopping at the Trafford Centre with my friend Emily. Although I got no clothes, I bought some much needed replacement MAC makeup, and also tried the new Creme Brulee flavoured Krispy Kreme doughnut, which was delicious (if a little sickly!). In the evening I went to her house for a bit of a gathering, where far too much gin was consumed, and I eventually got a taxi home at 4am- pretty good going for a last minute get-together!

On Thursday I got up pretty early ready to make my way into Manchester for a hairdresser's appointment. My usual stylist has quit the salon I go to, so I thought I'd try a completely different one, and was recommended Ethos in the town centre. I paid £32 for a restyle, and had a good amount chopped off, as well as more layers cut in and a new fringe, I feel much more groomed now! My sister came into town with me, so we went shopping afterwards; I bought a silk cropped top with a swan on from H&M, and a crocheted cream top to wear over a bikini or bra when I go on holiday. We went for lunch at Cafe Metro afterwards (I have mentioned it in a previous post as I love the place) and I had a prawn marie rose baguette that warded off my impending hangover for a couple more hours.

On Friday after a shift at work, Chris came to stay for the night. My mum made pork in mustard and cream sauce which was tasty, and I did homemade sticky toffee pudding; it seems to be becoming my speciality. The rest of the weekend was spent at Redhouse Farm (see previous post) and unfortunately working, but at least I had my fun first!

No comments:

Post a Comment