Sunday 11 January 2015

Weekly Musings

2015- Week 2
'I was a king under your control, and I want to feel like you've let me go, so let me go'
(Years & Years - King)

After talking about my relationship situation in last week's post, Monday was the day for 'that' conversation, where we finally called time on whatever it was that we were. This week therefore has been spent in a bit of a haze, albeit the majority of it a positive one, but me being nostalgic and a massive thinker is always a bit of a curse after a breakup, and the lyrics in Years & Years' 'King' have therefore really resonated with me. Plus after hearing 'Desire' at the back end of last year, I am besotted with the lead singer's voice!


'A stain I'll always remember, a stain that stays with me'
(Aquilo - I Gave It All)

I am a firm believer that all relationships mould you into the person you become, and am lucky enough to be on amicable terms with all of my exes, so I don't have a problem openly talking about my past experiences. I hate admitting defeat in anything, and it seems to be a recurring theme after a relationship has ended that I feel guilty, or like I've let myself down because I've failed to make it work. But I focus on the thought that at a certain point, it was what felt right and made me happy, and if it no longer does either, then it is time to move forward. No amount of trying can fix something that isn't meant to work.


This weekend has been a great one for reminding me how awesome my friends are and how much fun I have with them. I had a full flat of all my uni crew (Joe, Brian, Geoff, Rick, Matt and Chris) and on Friday we headed into town to Walkabout and The Temple, where Laura and a girl called Rachel who Rick is seeing joined us for a few bevvies. Saturday I cooked us all brekkie and then we had a bit of a day session in The Green sports bar and The Northern in the Northern Quarter, and a Chinese and some predrinks back at mine before going back in to Tib Street Tavern and ending the night in South.  

Today, to ease the pain of a horrific hangover and a flat that looks and smells as you'd expect after six boys have spent all weekend here, I booked the flights to Paris for Jasmine, Mum and I on March 13/14th, so I have something to look forward to now!

No comments:

Post a Comment