Sunday 8 March 2015

Weekly Musings

2015 - Week 10
'I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you'
(Paramore - Into You)

This week has been a chilled one, I went to the Country Club on Tuesday where I had yakitori chicken skewers with sweet potato fries, and other than that apart from taking my car in for repair on Wednesday I didn't get upto much in the evenings.

On Friday I went to the Royal Exchange Theatre with Hannah to watch a performance of Scuttlers, a play about gangs in Manchester during the industrial revolution. It was really good, and we managed to get a deal for people under 26 where the ticket was only £6 so it was a great alternative to a usual Friday night. 


On Saturday after a lovely breakfast at Jason's we drove to Alderley Edge for a walk around (and an ice cream). We also went to Tatton Park, and then stopped at The Plough and Flail in Mobberley for a late lunch before going home. I had the chicken and mushroom pie with chips which was so huge I couldn't finish it, and that's saying something for me! It's so nice being with someone who wants to get out and make the most of having time off, and we have lots of similar interests so I'm enjoying spending time together; it just seems very easy for a change!

That night I went into Manchester with the girls which was loads of fun. I wasn't feeling well so left quite early, but we went to Poptastic in the Gay Village, where they were playing lots of classics including the song the lyrics are from above, and the absolute tune below - The Futureheads was Emily and I's first ever gig so we got into the spirit and were singing along in an empty room! 


On Sunday I was hangover free for once due to my early departure, so I met Laura at The Beagle in Chorlton for some brunch. I'm really enjoying discovering Chorlton recently, there are some great little bars and eateries, I should have checked it out sooner! I chose three little dishes off a tapas style menu - nachos with salsa and cheese dip, popcorn shrimp lettuce cups and lime chicken quesadillas, all for a tenner which I thought was a bargain, and it was all super tasty! I spent the rest of the day chilling out at her house, perfect end to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment