Sunday 25 June 2017

Weekly Musings

2017 - Week Twenty Five
'You can tell me I have a pretty cover but I only date men who read.'
(Lauren Eden)

This week has been quite quiet by my standards; on Wednesday I met up with the girls for a couple of drinks at Carluccio's in Hale as we hadn't had chance to give Hannah her birthday present. It was a welcome mid-week catch-up to break up working, and I had their lemon prosecco spritz again, which is tasty.

My track for this week is an oldie that came up on shuffle on my iPod a while ago, and I have been playing it most days since. It never fails to give me goosebumps, and I love when the beat kicks in right at the beginning, such a fab uptempo record.  



On Thursday I went on a first date with someone who 'super-liked' me on Tinder (that's a new thing since I've been back on it, and to be honest I still don't entirely get the concept). I wasn't going to stick with the app in the UK after coming back from Magaluf (one failed two year Tinder relationship is quite enough for me), but everything deserves a second chance right? With this one (let's go with F) we had been chatting for a while but with my birthday and being in Barcelona we hadn't had chance to meet up. He was better than I expected, more attractive than his photos, cracking banter, and considering I kept him hanging around in town by himself for nearly 2 hours because I finished work late he was good company, and we seemed to have a lot of random kooky things in common, which is a plus for me!

We started in Kosmonaut for a few drinks, and then moved onto Cottonopolis at about 10pm which I hadn't been to before. It's rather swanky in there, all exposed brick, moody lighting and copper pipes, and I had a lovely margarita before scuttling off to catch the last train home. F was an ideal combo of gracious enough to let me do lots of talking, but bold enough to take control now and again, including making the first move to kiss me, which I definitely didn't complain at!


On Saturday my friend Claire came to visit from London, and we took Ferryn to Styal Mill for a little walk before heading home for some slow cooked beef casserole made by yours truly, and to get doled up for my birthday night out on the town. Amanda had come over from Paris for the weekend, and Timna popped out for a couple, as well as a few of the girls who came to celebrate with me as well. 


We started in Epernay champagne bar near The Great Northern, which has a gorgeous little terrace overlooking the square for sunny days, and does loads of different champagnes and other fizz by the glass for really decent prices. We managed to get through 4 bottles (whoops!) before heading over to a new bar called Impossible, where I was kindly bought an industrial strength zombie cocktail made in a conical flask, by Amanda. We finished the night in The Liar's Club, but to be honest the music was shite, so we didn't stay long - old school hip hop is one thing, but monotonous rap is kind of difficult to dance to!


The following day Claire and I had a lie in and then after breakfast went into Didsbury to And The Dish Ran Away With The Spoon, one of my favourite cakeries. I had a snickers brownie with a chai latte, and we went for a walk around the Maker's Market that happened to be on. It was a successful shopping day! I got a beautiful vintage 9ct gold ring with topaz and diamonds in with some of my birthday money, and found a cute poster of some sheet music with an S drawn over it for 3 quid to add to my hallway wall in the flat. I nipped to Mum's afterwards for a cuppa and to collect the dog, and gave Claire a lift to the airport before coming home, and posting a new poem up on Instagram, read it here. I am now firmly stationed on the sofa with champagne truffles (cheers Claire!) for Love Island, which I am getting right into!

No comments:

Post a Comment