Sunday 21 January 2018

Weekly Musings

2018 - Week Three
'They laughed at her when she was drowning. Now the way she dives under the waves is the talk of the town.'
(Fathima Ali)

This week couldn't have started better, as I had my offer accepted on the house I found on Friday! BEYOND excited. It is such a lovely little place with some funky period features that my current new build flat is severely lacking in; I can't wait to get in there and start putting my stamp on stuff. On Tuesday I went for a bridesmaid dress fitting at Puure in Lymm, and whilst driving there took a trip down memory lane with the band below, I used to play this song continuously when I was a teen wannabe goth, so I have chosen it as my track of the week. 



On Thursday I had my hair dyed at Dry in Stockport again. Unfortunately Charlotte who I had last time was ill, but Liv the girl who covered her clients did a great job of making my roots a darker copper to create the balayage effect that I have fancied trying for a while, and I had a voucher that meant it only cost me twenty quid as a returning customer. That evening I treated Chris to a vegan takeaway from Zad's in Chorlton as he passed both of his reflexology exams with flying colours and came top of the class, very proud. We had 'chicken' nuggets, curly fries, cheesy chips and a Pig Save pizza (tomato, cheese, hotdogs, pepperoni, maple bacon and smoked seitan), where 50p of the takings go to animal charities. I was impressed at how like a traditional meat pizza it tasted, and the whole order was only £18, a fraction of what you'd pay at Dominoes or Pizza Hut.

 

On Friday I had my nails done (a girly dusty rose colour, very unlike me!) and I picked Jasmine up afterwards for us to go to Sweet Octopus on the outskirts of Altrincham for coffee and cake as she had the day off. I tried the matcha green tea cake which had the most delicate, light sponge held together with cream, with a soy milk latte. All the cakes are handmade on the premises, and are so pretty and dainty looking, I always struggle to decide which to buy. They are also ridiculously cheap for how professional and fancy they look, it really is a hidden gem. We were there for two hours discussing house renovations and putting the world to rights before I had to dash to do the school run. 

 

That evening after work I went back into Altrincham with Abi for a glass of wine and to hear the tales from her Vietnam trip that she has just returned from. We went to The Cellar near the market place, which is cosy to have a chit chat and they had a pleasant singer on for some casual background music. Yesterday I had a super lazy day, I didn't get out of bed until gone 11am, stayed in my pyjamas until 3pm (albeit as I was actually cleaning the flat) and then made myself vaguely presentable to go and visit Chris on the boat in Poynton for the night. We had tea at his local The Boar's Head , which is a proper Cheshire country pub, with modest prices to boot - two large glasses of wine and a massive plate of liver, potatoes and veg for less than fifteen pound, definitely can't complain at that!

  

Today we had breakfast in bed (avocado, bagels, tomatoes, spinach and vegan cheese) and then had the cutest afternoon taking the doggies to a play area in Wythenshawe called Central Bark. We paid £7.50 for Fez and Lola to go in for an hour, whilst we chilled in 'The Beach Dog' cafe where I indulged in a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake, and a veggie barbecue hotdog. Ferryn has been asleep all evening since we've been back, so I will definitely be returning! I am now off for Chris to practise some techniques he has been learning on his new Swedish massage course on me; I've had worse Sunday evenings! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment