Sunday 4 November 2012

New Tastes...

Dukes Grill, Manchester

Last night it was my friend Charlotte's birthday, so a group of us went to Dukes 92 in Castlefield, Manchester. There were ten of us, so we had to choose what to eat off a special party menu, which was a shame as it limited what we could have when there was some seriously tasty sounding mains on the normal menu. 

We shared a load of varieties of garlic bread for starters, a normal one, cheese and tomato, plain cheese and a rosemary and chilli one, that were all really good - we could have polished more of them off I think! I didn't really fancy anything off the mains section, so I had haddock and gruyere fishcakes off the starter menu, with some herb crusted skinny chips to create my own main. It was gorgeous, the haddock was perfectly cooked and went really well with the melted gruyere, and the rosemary on the herby chips complimented the dish. I was undecided about whether to get a dessert, but gave in eventually and ordered the sticky toffee pudding. It was a really treacle tasting one, with pecans in and served with vanilla bean ice cream, I definitely didn't regret choosing it!

Because there were so many of us, we had each paid a ten pound deposit which softened the blow of the bill, but I thought it was fairly reasonable anyway - after the reduction mine came to £18.10 including a tip and five bottles of wine between seven of us, which you can't complain at for a three course meal in a nice restaurant in the city centre. I had eaten there before, but it was about five years ago; hopefully it won't be that length of time until I eat there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment