Monday 13 October 2014

New Tastes...

Carlucchio's, Hale

Today I headed to sample Hale's latest restaurant addition - Carluccio's. I went with Tasha and Abi, and we ended up staying there for ages as I wasn't needed to collect Aum from school so didn't need to rush.

I got a latte to drink and the tortellini all'Emiliana, which was pasta parcels filled with prosciutto in a creamy sauce. It was quite a small portion but perfect for lunchtime, and meant there was room for a dessert! I chose the chocolate bread and butter pudding, which was gorgeous. It was packed with chocolate and the custardy type liquid that the panettone bread was soaked in had lots of vanilla pods in so gave it a really fresh flavour.

We stayed chatting for a while, until the waiter seemed to be getting a bit impatient! The bill wasn't too bad considering I'd had two drinks, a starter and a main, it was £21 with a tip so didn't break the bank. Comfortable setting and good service, bit pricier than somewhere for an everyday meal, but nice for a special occasion or when you're not counting the pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment