Thursday 21 July 2011

Mid-week Update!

The Trafford Centre, Graduation & Lebanese Cuisine

After an amazing week at Benicassim Festival in Spain, it's back to blogging business. As I've got a pretty hectic week this week, I'm saving my Beni posts for next week, so expect good things.

On Tuesday after I had just about caught up on my sleep, I went to see the new Harry Potter film (see previous post) and then afterwards headed for a spot of shopping at the Trafford Centre. I managed to score a really nice dress from USC for £15 in the sale, and it is a gorgeous orangey brown colour, perfect for this season. We were in a bit of a rush to get back, but Zara had some amazing deals on stuff, so it was probably for the benefit of my purse that we left early!

Yesterday was my graduation ceremony, which I really enjoyed. After getting over the initial embarrassment of being in a robe, I had some lovely photos taken and had a few drinks before heading over for the actual presentation. I managed to walk perfectly well on stage despite my 5 inch heels, so was very proud of myself. Afterwards we had a cute picnic outside and some bucks fizz, and my parents got me an engraved Parker fountain pen (Sophia Miles BA Hons!) as I've been after a new ink pen for a while. Luckily the weather stayed fine for us, though it did start raining literally as soon as we got in the car.

Once we had driven home, a quick change of clothes and we went out for a meal at an unlicensed Lebanese and Syrian restaurant in Altrincham called Yara. Upon arrival we got free olives, so it was already a winner in my eyes! We had grilled haloumi cheese, a greek salad and some spicy sausage type kebabs as sharing starters, and then each ordered a main.

I had a dish that was moist rice topped with really tender lamb wrapped in aubergine and sprinkled with pine nuts; it was absolutely delicious. Everyone else was really impressed with their meals too, and because of the BYOB, it all came to just over £60, which was really reasonable for the portion sizes we got. I would recommend it to anyone, and head back in a flash, if you live locally- go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment