Friday 29 July 2011

Benicassim 2011

Days 4- 5


The first performance we wandered into the arena to see was Paulo Nutini, who I must admit, I know a few songs by but I'm not a massive fan of. He was a good easy to listen to warm up act, and got us all in the mood for the more upbeat acts that followed. Plan B was next, followed by The Streets, again both of whom I'm not too fussed over. However, the atmosphere for Mike Skinner et al was electric, and I was surprised at how crazy the fans went!


Afterwards we went over to the other stage where Chase and Status were finishing their set. I kind of regretted not seeing more of them, as they were amazing live, and I realised how many of their tunes I love! Once they had finished up, I saw a couple by Pendulum, and Jack Beats who were awesome, but by then it was gone 3am and I was knackered and had lost the majority of the group, so wandered back to my tent. I had just got into bed when I heard everyone returning, so ended up sat back outside having another couple of drinks- might as well make the most of it!


On Friday we had another quiet day by the tents, and then a few of us went for a meal in a little Italian in town. I had a Big Ben pizza (no idea why it was called that!) which had bacon, onions, ham and olives on and was great after eating mainly bread and cheese for the past few days. We then went back to start drinking before the bands started that evening. The night started with Brandon Flowers, who I thoroughly enjoyed, as he did quite a few Killers tracks, who I saw when I last went to Beni so it seemed fitting. After him there was a slight break so I went back to the tent to change my top and have a quick drink. I ended up staying there longer than I intended though, as our neighbours were there still so I sat

with them and completely lost track of time. I ended up missing Elbow which was a bit of an annoyance, as I saw them last time and they were my highlight. I made it back in time to see The Strokes though, who were one of the main acts I was excited for this year. They weren't as great as I'd hoped, but I am definitely glad to have seen them. After them it was Friendly Fires who put on a fabulous performance, and it kept everyone lively despite the late slot they had. It meant that we were all well up for continuing the party once we got back to our tent, and I eventually went to sleep at gone 7am! (see next week's post for continuation)

No comments:

Post a Comment