Sunday 3 July 2011

Weekly Update!

Results, Extrav & BBQ!

On Wednesday evening, it was my best friend Emily's 21st, so we went into Manchester to a bar called Space. It had been decorated with balloons, and they had her own music playing which was cool. We had a few cocktails and then shared two bottles of wine (!) before moving on to Factory, which is a fairly new club that I had never been to. It was only £3 to get in, and a double vodka mixer was just £2, so it's definitely on my list of places to return to!

On Thursday, I travelled back to Lancaster, where I met up with Chris and we had some soup at this amazing little place called Soupanova that we love. Afterwards I went back to my house to start packing, and to wait for my degree results which were coming in. I found out I got a 2:1 (yay!) then very happily started to get ready for our college's Extrav that evening. Extrav is basically a big end of year party that each college has, where there is a theme that everyone dresses up for, and each college's bar is decorated accordingly. Ours this year was 'Once Upon A Time In County' so I decided to go as Alice In Wonderland. Everyone made so much effort with the costumes it was brilliant, and there was good music, good food and good company, accompanied by wine, which always makes things better. I got rather emotional after it began to sink in that it was my last night at uni!

The following day I packed up the rest of my things and after saying a few goodbyes, drove home to Manchester where I had to try and squeeze everything back into my bedroom. Mission accomplished, I did a bit of shopping yesterday after I had done an early shift at work, and stumbled across a lovely new shop in Altrincham called Laundry that I got some beautiful hippy style clothes from; perfect for when I got to Benicassim festival next week.

Today has been spent lazing in the gorgeous sun, writing thankyou letters and reading my book (review coming soon!) before we all had a barbecue with spicy marinated pork steaks, and blue cheese infused beef burgers. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment