Sunday 31 July 2011

Weekly Update!

Leather Trousers, a Hidden Gem & Cute Animals!

After a restful weekend away in Brighton, I was feeling very chilled out this week, and the lovely weather only added to this. On Tuesday I went into Altrincham with my friend Emily, for a mooch around the shops, and we stopped for a drink in a little cafe. I got some leather trousers/ leggings from River Island that were only £10 reduced from £30, which I was really chuffed with as I have been looking for some new trousers for a while- I seem to live in jeans at the moment. In the evening I tried out a new gym that has opened near me. Though it is fairly small, it is super cheap at just £10 per month, and the machines are all brand spanking new. I loved getting back into my usual routine of working out, and I'm sure my figure will thank me for it too!


I spent Wednesday adjusting my CV and looking around at various jobs, some of which I applied to. I got an unpaid writers position at a new online publication called Candid, that goes live at midnight tonight. I am going to be writing one article a week on fashion, film or music that will be put onto the website, which is great experience for me, as well as adding to my portfolio of work. In the evening I went out with my sister and the girls we went to Benicassim with. We started at one of the girl's houses, and then moved on to Wetherspoons in Altrincham before getting a minibus into Manchester to go to Factory. It was a fun and very late night, but it was great to see everyone I had been on holiday with again.

Thursday and Friday were fairly tame days, with a couple of shifts at work, and after another gym session on Saturday I drove to Crewe to see Chris for the weekend. We sat in the sun for most of the day
on Saturday, before going for a meal in Chester. We had looked online for somewhere a bit different to eat, and found Fiesta Havana, a Latin American restaurant that looked really cool. It is on the main street, and is down some steps so it appears to be in an old wine cellar. They had some brilliant deals on, so we had 3 tapas dishes for £8 to share for a starter, fajitas for main which were BOGOF and desserts were 2 for 1 as well! We got battered white fish, chicken in a cream and sherry sauce and deep fried king prawns as our tapas, and then I had waffle and brownies for my dessert, and Chris had orange and chocolate cheesecake. Even a bottle of wine was only £7.95, so despite Chris driving, we got the house red which I polished off once Chris had his one glass!

On Sunday we had a massive lie in, and then went for a last minute look around Reaseheath College, which has a maize maze, a little farm and a zoo. We didn't have enough time to do the maze or zoo, but we spent a while walking around and looking at all the farm animals, including some very cute alpacas, and some rather noisy donkeys! We'll definitely be heading back to complete the visit at some point over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment