Monday 6 February 2012

New Tastes...

Little Italy, Timperley

On Saturday Chris and I walked into Timperley Village in order to go to Little Italy there. I used to go all the time when I was a child, but haven't been since it was taken over by an Italian called Alex Cauchi, and so wanted to see if it was still up to the same standard.

We had booked a table for 8.15pm, and we were shown straight to it when we arrived. We had a prime spot right in the centre of the room which was good, and after being greeted jovially by the owner, a waitress came over to take our drinks orders. One thing I liked instantly was the warmth of the team that worked there; they all seemed very comfortable in the surroundings and knowledgeable if asked any questions. I chose a glass of the house white wine, which was really nice, and available in 1/2 carafes as well as bottles and glasses which I thought was a nice touch. Chris got a bottle of Peroni, which he thought very reasonable at £3.20.


For starters we chose calamari in a tomato sauce and breaded mozzerella, and shared the two. The sauce that the calamari came in was delicious, and I liked that they were unbreaded rings, as they seemed more fresh and less rubbery. For main I had a tomato, mushroom and bacon spaghetti dish that had meatballs with it. I got a half portion as I had already eyed up the dessert menu and fancied something, and I thought it was a great idea that you could do this. I thought they may be a bit reluctant to serve them, but the waiter seemed very happy to oblige. Chris got a seafood pizza that looked delicious, and as he had been craving it all day, it was just what he wanted.

With room left despite my very generous half portion, I opted for the crème brulee for dessert, a personal favourite. It was served in a terracotta pot and the caramel on top had been glazed perfectly, cracking to reveal the cool centre. The only thing that I was slightly disappointed with was that it didn't come with a garnish of some sort, but the actual dish was lovely which is all that matters really.


After we had finished we sat and finished our drinks before ordering the bill. I really enjoyed how we weren't made to feel rushed, and the service was nicely relaxed so that we had a nice gap in between our courses without it being too long. The whole meal came to £38, which I thought was an absolute bargain for the quality and portions. I was definitely not disappointed with the slightly changed restaurant, and certainly won't be leaving it five years until I return like last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment