Sunday 19 August 2012

Weekly Update!

Chester, Cava & Cocktails!

This week was my second of two weeks off, and I've had a really nice time. On Monday I went on a shopping trip to Chester with Tasha, Hana and Charlotte which was fun. The weather was lovely, and we had a pub lunch at a place called The Boathouse that was tasty. I had hunter's chicken with chips and peas - was so stuffed afterwards! I got a few bargains whilst shopping; a pair of shorts from Topshop for £12, and a gorgeous French Connection dress reduced from £285 to £71, both in the sales. The dress is peach coloured with sequins all over, and is strapless with a boned top and an amazing full skirt - I can't wait to have an occasion to wear it for! I also got the standard few essentials from Primark before we drove home at 4pm.

That evening I went for a few drinks with Michael in the Revs in Fallowfield - on a Monday it is 50% off, gutted I always work on a Monday eve! On Tuesday I had a majorly lazy day, and then went for a few drinks with the girls at Hale Bar and Grill in the evening. Hannah and Srishti came, who I don't see very often, so it was great to catch up with their lives.

On Wednesday I went to the gym and for a swim,which is much needed after all the excessive drinking and eating that seems to go hand in hand with time off work! In the evening I watched The Virgin Suicides which was really good, and then went to a friend's for the night. On Thursday I set off fairly early for Oxford to visit a couple of friends there. It was a pretty packed couple of days, so I've done a post just on my trip there (see previous). When I got back on Friday I quickly changed and went for a few drinks in Hale. I bumped into an old school friend which was lovely, we had quite a chinwag! I had work the next day, so we left at 11.30pm.

After work on Saturday I went out in Manchester with a few friends. We went to a place called The Liars Club, which was amazing. It was decorated like a Tiki bar and they did loads of cocktails that they set on fire. We had group shared one, first a strawberry daiquiri, then two flaming zombies that looked immense! I went to a friend's house afterwards for an 'afterparty', though there were only four of us. After all I'd had out, plus the bottle of Cava I'd predrunk, I then had quite a lot of Disaronno, so today was a complete and utter write-off, I was still drunk at 7pm! It is always the sign of a good night though, and it was a good end to a fab two weeks off. Shame it's back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment