Sunday 7 October 2012

Days Out...

Tatton Park

Today was a nice day, and I had nothing planned, so I decided to go on a walk with my mum to Tatton Park in Cheshire. We drove and parked in Knutsford and then walked into the actual grounds. It was quite busy, and there seemed to be some sort of cycling event on, but it was lovely to have a peaceful Sunday stroll, watching the deer and soaking up the rare sunshine!

When we got towards the house we saw that there was a craft and food fair on, which was a nice surprise. We had a wander around it, as it was free to enter, and there was some gorgeous looking food there - I had to walk away quickly before I was tempted by the fudge and cakes!

On the way back we stopped for a little picnic next to the lake, and then we walked into Knutsford for a look around the shops. There was a small market on, which felt quite Christmassy actually, it got me into the spirit! A lot of the clothes shops were closed with it being Sunday, which was probably a blessing, but I bought a couple of books from a charity shop so didn't leave completely empty handed.

We headed back home and mum cooked a Sunday roast, complete with delicious homegrown potatoes and carrots, and homemade Yorkshire puddings - the perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment