Saturday 13 October 2012

Days Out...

Cheshire Oaks

Now that I don't work at the pub on Saturdays I have the novelty of a two day weekend, so today my mum ad I decided to go to Cheshire Oaks for a shop and some lunch. I have been looking for a nice winter coat for a while now, so thought that I may be able to get a decent one a bit cheaper with it being an outlet village.

We set off at just gone ten so arrived at eleven, and managed to get a car parking spot close to the shops, which is definitely a bonus. The first purchases of the day were from Warehouse, a really nice pair of red and black print silk trousers that are pyjama style, and a nylon burgundy track jacket with a gold zip that has a sport-luxe feel. I then found some really nice Miss 60 jeans that were stonewashed denim and had leather laces down the calf. They were £68, which isn't bad for a good pair of jeans, but with it being a fairly substantial buy I left them so that I could have a little think about it!

I got a top for the gym for £4 from the Nike shop, and then found my perfect coat - in Next of all places! It is corally red, the exact colour of the strap on my Mark Jacobs bag, so it seemed like a good omen. I had budgeted about £120 for it, but this one was only £30, so I felt less guilty for buying lots of other things that I didn't desperately need. 

By this time it was around 2pm, and we were both feeling peckish, so stopped at Wagamama for some food. I love the place, but my mum had never been, so it felt like the perfect opportunity. I chose the new dish called asai udon: flat noodles in a tamarind sauce with egg, tofu, prawns, lime and garnished with peanut, while my mum went for my favourite, cha han, a rice dish with mushroom, sweetcorn, mangetout, spring onions, prawns and chicken. It comes with a side order of pickles and a bowl of miso soup - an acquired taste, but I love it! 

My first purchase after lunch was a pair of brown leather flatforms with leopard print on the front and a buckle across from Soled Out- they are gorgeous! I also bought a pair of dark purple tights from M&S, and two t-shirts from Vans that were buy one get one half price, so it was only £10.50 for them both! They are fairly simple, but will be perfect to wear with jeans for work.

By this time we were flagging, so stopped at McDonalds for a coffee and cake, (everywhere else was packed full and it was too cold to sit outside) and then we drove home; but not before I sneaked back to Miss 60 for my jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment