Thursday 28 February 2013

Winter Sounds...

Reel Big Fish

Last night I went to see Reel Big Fish at the Manchester Ritz with Mo, Dom and Kirsty. To be honest, I'm not a massive fan, but I was invited and after a listen to their latest album thought it would be fun. They were also the second band I ever saw live back when I was 15, so I thought it would be a laugh to see them for old times sake.

They were supported by a band called Suburban Legends, who put on a really good show, complete with dance routines! Despite their music being a little twee for my liking, it was very happy and lively so was good to watch all the same.


Reel Big Fish came on at 9.10pm and played a really good set, which was fairly long too, ending at 10.45pm. I was surprised at how many of the tracks I knew having not listened to them for a long time, and they did a good mix of new material off the latest album 'Candy Coated Fury' as well as the old classics. In particular 'Sell Out' was awesome, the whole crowd went crazy and everyone was skanking around enjoying themselves. They left the stage at the end, and then came back on and did an encore which included 'Beer' and a little ensemble which got everyone dancing.

Overall I'm thoroughly glad I went as it was a really upbeat and positive gig, where you came out feeling happy and energised despite being knackered and sweaty!

No comments:

Post a Comment