Sunday 19 May 2013

Weekly Update!

Surprise Days Off, New Places & A Very Dirty Dress!

Monday started off well, as I was supposed to be starting work at 12pm, but got a text at twenty to saying I wouldn't be needed - result! I had a lovely lazy day after my triathlon, and in the evening Mo and I went to The Slug and Lettuce in Altrincham with a big group of friends for a couple of drinks. As I had a sober weekend I actually got quite drunk despite only having a few wines, and we went home at about half ten to watch Game of Thrones and eat nachos!

On Tuesday I had a swim wth Aum and we ate at the Country Club; though I wasn't too adventurous this week and just had the house salad with a prawn skewer on top. It was a lovely salad though, with green beans, spring onions and a refreshing limey vinaigrette as well as the usual carrot/ rocket etc. 

On Wednesday Aum's drama was cancelled so we went to The Cake Gallery as a treat instead. I chose an amazing raspberry and oreo cake, which had whole raspberries and cookie bits in the sponge, sandwiched together with raspberry jam, with oreo buttercream icing garnished with raspberries. The combination actually worked really well, although the jam did taste very sweet, almost like ice cream syrup, which together with the thick layer of buttercream made it very sickly. I still managed to finish it with a cup of tea, and Aum had a chocolate cupcake with a Malteaser on top.

On Thursday I had my nails done a really bright coral red colour as I thought it was time to crack the summer shades out (even if the weather refuses to) and in the evening I babysat just for a couple of hours then stayed at Mo's. On Friday I went for lunch with Abi which was lovely, so nice to catch up with her London antics! We tried a new place for once, Cafe Pronto on Hale Road, which I have eyed up a few times but never got round to going into. It is owned by a lovely Italian man and his wife, who were very chatty and welcoming. I had a cheese and ham jacket potato which was huge and rammed with filling, and a latte, as I needed waking up. I think it is mainly used for takeaway orders, so the prices are super cheap, definitely a future Costa contender! 

In the evening everyone was busy, so I stayed in and dyed my hair and got an early night which was a nice change.On Saturday my grandparents came to stay for the weekend, so I took them to see my new flat and afterwards we went to The Romper in Wilmslow for lunch. I had tomato and cannellini bean soup with (free) chips, and a glass of wine. On the way home I got dropped at Mo's as Khumbu was up for the weekend. We just chilled at his for a bit, and then went for a drive to what will be my local pub, The Tatton Arms. It seems like a really nice little pub, quite old fashioned but recently updated, with an impressive homemade food menu and pretty cheap drinks, can't complain!


I got a lift home to have some dinner, and then got ready for a night in town. Khumbu and Mo came to mine for a few to begin with, and then we all went round to Ellie's for a few more and to get a mini bus into town for Laura's birthday. We went to Venue, and the night gets blurry from there! I woke up on Sunday next to a very dirty dress from falling over so much, and a pretty sore head! The day was spent lounging around until 3pm, when I took Aum to his friends birthday party, and Mo and I grabbed a coffee in Costa whilst he was there before taking him back. We had a full pork roast with the parents and grandparents which was really lovely, and then I went to Mo's where we had a relatively early night as we were absolutely shattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment