Sunday 29 September 2013

Flat Progress...

Three Week Countdown!

Today I finally got to go to see the flat that I bought back in April! I was super excited to see what it actually looks like now the majority of building has taken place, especially as I chose the kitchen counters and cupboards, and both bathroom tiles so wanted to see my visualisations in real life.

We walked into the building and I was surprised at how large and airy the corridors are, I have a very generous one just for me and one other neighbour, who I was assured is lovely, and the bonus of a fire door just outside my front door that leads directly onto my car parking spot. I have two exterior walls, and the two that are interior have no neighbours, unless you count a lift, so I don't have to panic about music being too loud!

My actual flat is looking lovely, the kitchen cupboards and counters are all in, I have chosen a dark wood cabinet with darker graining, and a mottled off-white work surface. Just waiting for the cooker, washing machine and extractor hood now. The paintwork has mainly been completed, they are doing one last coat and a couple of odd jobs such as casing in wires and finishing off corners, putting doors on etc and then it should be good to go! 

Both bathrooms are coming along nicely, suites in and tiling done, again just a case of finishing off. I took loads of measurements with Mum so I am able to work out where furniture can go/ what flooring to order, it's just a case of shopping now - suuuch a task! I have already found some vinyl flooring for the living/ kitchen area that matches my cabinets perfectly, I was originally going to half tile, half carpet, but I don't want to make either end of the room appear smaller than it is. I toyed with laminate, but it is quite expensive, and as my cabinets are quite an unusual colour, I couldn't find one suitable anywhere. Vinyl is not as hard-wearing, but is cheap and easy to fit so I'm going to go with that. I have picked my sofas and ordered wallpaper for 2 walls in the hallway, found some floor tiles for the bathrooms... it's all coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment