Wednesday 18 September 2013

Weekly Update!

Break-Downs, Bell Jars & Giant Cocktails!

This week got off to a bad start when my car broke down on Monday. After thinking it was just the battery, I was told it was the alternator, and then that whoever had the car before me had some some botched bodywork - great! Luckily as I bought it when it was a year old from a Peugeot dealer, all the work was covered under warranty; and my dad was on a course all week so I used my mum's car without a problem.

On Tuesday I caught up with Abi when she came round for a cuppa, and then in the evening I ate at Hale Country Club. The dish I had was the best meal I have ever eaten, no exaggeration! It was tuna tartare, served with a deep fried poached egg, mini prawn toast and salted asparagus, served under a smoking bell jar to give it a wonderful oaky taste - I could eat it everyday!

On Wednesday I had my haircut (good ol' Groupon, £19!), adding a few shorter layers and a nice side fringe which shot a bit of life into it, and then I met Mo for a coffee as I was in town. The rest of the week flew by, I had my nails done and went for another coffee with Abi on Thursday, and on Friday the two of us and Tasha went for a night out in Manchester. 

We started at my house and then had a couple in Neighbourhood in Spinningfields which has a really cool vibe, great music, industrial feel decor and drinks aren't too bad either! Then we moved on to Alchemist where Emily and Smeed joined us for one before we shared a taxi home. I was on wine all night so was pretty tipsy, and despite making sure I had tea and toast before bed I still had a nasty headache on Saturday morning!

Once I had recovered slightly I packed my car up and headed to Crewe for a reunion with a few of the gang from Uni. Geoff, Matt and Chris had been at the football game so were all steaming by the time Joe, Amanda and I met up with them at half five, but we had some takeaway pizzas for tea and it seemed to sort them out for a while - until we went back out anyway! We went to Hanley in Stoke-on-Trent, not a great town to be honest, but it's the people, right?! We went to an 80's themed place called Reflex and had some giant cocktails, then ended the night in Walkabout.

Today I didn't drive home until 2pm, and haven't done much for the rest of the day except meet Mo for a coffee, kerazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment