Sunday 13 October 2013

Weekly Update!

Home Sweet Home, Belgian Beer & Crazy Golf!

I got a much appreciated lie-in this Monday, as I didn't need to collect Aum from Pontefract until lunchtime. The rest of the start of the week was pretty subdued, though I had a delicious dish at the country club on Tuesday - mushroom and pumpkin casserole (which had five different varieties of mushroom in) with bread-crumbed rice balls, and a side of foccacia with oils. The sauce was hearty and full of smoky flavours, perfect for autumn, and I enjoyed the slightly unusual accompaniment, it perked the dish up rather than it being served with normal rice or potatoes.

On Thursday it was Vogue's Fashion Night Out in Manchester (see previous post) which was really fun, a great excuse to dress up and have a wander and a couple of drinks with the girls on a school night. We ate dinner afterwards at Wagamama; I had yaki udon, which warmed me up after a cold night walking around.

On Friday I met up with Claire and Helen from university in Manchester (I haven't seen Helen in nearly two years we worked out!) and we went for lunch at Home Sweet Home in the Northern Quarter, that I have been eyeing up for ages! I had a salted beef sandwich, which was served on rye bread with mustard mayonnaise, and followed this with an amazing chocolate cake with pink glittery icing and chocolate Freddo heads on the top! The meat in the sandwich was jam packed in, and really succulent, and the hot aftertaste of the mustard worked perfectly.

On Saturday Mum and I went to Leeds to visit Jasmine, and we went shopping in the city centre. I got a blue leopard print skater skirt from New Look for £6, and we had lunch in a little independent cafe. We got three paninis (chorizo and emmental, chicken and bacon and meatball and mozzarella) and shared them all which was a tasty way of sampling lots of flavours! 

In the evening Mo and I went to Mort Subite in Altrincham for a couple of drinks. I haven't been there before, but I preferred it to the other two Belgian bars nearby, as I only really drink the fruity variations and there was a much wider range to choose from there. I had one that was apple flavoured, and one that was a berry medley of six fruits, which was 8.5% but tasted like pop! Afterwards we met up with a few others in Slug and Lettuce, and ended the night in Bloom before getting cheesy chips!

On Sunday Mo and I fancied doing something, so went to the Trafford Centre for a KFC and a game of crazy golf. It was really fun actually, and something a bit different to do. We both got pretty competitive, but Mo won in the end, by two points! Then we went back to my house for a roast dinner, including homemade raspberry crème brulee - Mum surpassed herself as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment