Thursday 15 May 2014

New Flat!

Update!

This morning, my dad came round to do a few odd jobs in the flat. It is always difficult pinning him down to a time to get around to it, I have been waiting for a couple of months! I thought it has been a while since my last decorating posts when I first moved in, so figured an update was due. Today my dad put up a mirror in the living room (John Lewis £150) and a wine glass rack in the kitchen (Ikea £14) which really add character, I always think when walls have things on them a place looks a bit more lived in.

I put up three photo frames that I got for £3 each from TK Maxx, each contain collages of particularly memorable holidays - skiing in Andorra, Benicassim festival in Spain, and New York with the girls - and the bright colours match my cushions and sofas. A few weeks ago my mum wallpapered a feature wall in my hallway with some gorgeous tree design wallpaper that has a slight iridescent sheen to it, it was one of the first things I bought way back last April when I signed for the reservation on the flat.

Apart from that most has remained the same, I now have a blind on my kitchen window, which will eventually match ones on my main living room window (once I have the funds to order them!) and I have a bit more storage in my bedroom thanks to a bedside cabinet. I have also finally put the canvas I bought up above my bed, which really completes the room. I also have a functioning spare bedroom, as I managed to wangle a free sofabed off my parents, and have put some clip frames on the walls with gig and theatre tickets in, which I think is a cool way of displaying them. It will be strange when everything is finally done, but then I'm sure I will find something else to add to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment