Saturday 3 May 2014

Days Out...

Cheshire Oaks!

I have just returned from a day trip to Cheshire Oaks in Ellesmere Port with Mo. Surprisingly it was him that suggested it, so obviously I jumped at the chance! We set off at 11am so got there just before lunchtime and had a wander around a few shops first before getting a coffee in Starbucks.

My first purchase of the day was from AllSaints, where I tried on quite a few pairs of tailored shorts, an item that was on my list of things to buy. One pair were a lovely black satin with leopard print embossed on them; but unfortunately I was bang in between sizes so decided to give them a miss - I always regret buying things that don't fit properly. In the end I got some pale grey biker style jeans that are lovely and soft, and fit me perfectly. They had a slight tear near the waistband at the back, so were only £28, and a problem easily fixed. Full price they should have been £95, so definitely worth a bit of stitching!

We stopped for lunch (just at the Sainsburys cafe, quick and cheap!) and then continued around the rest of the shops. I also got two pairs of shorts for my holiday from French Connection (£15 and £18), but the bargain of the day was a dress from Karen Millen. I tried it on as I love dresses from there as they fit me really well, and it is a pretty minky-purple colour that was unusual. However, when I took it up to the till, the lady said it was £85 - way more than I thought it was (or could afford!). I pointed out a slight rip in the seam at the back (it is a pencil style skirt so is quite a common problem, and again easy to fix) so she reduced it down to £50. I still wasn't willing to pay that though, so the manager came over and I haggled her down to £30!


After I realised that we had been shopping for a few hours and I could tell Mo was getting impatient, so I suggested we went home. He didn't refuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment