Tuesday 17 June 2014

New Tastes...

Strada, Wilmslow

It is my dad's birthday today, so last night we went out for a meal to Strada in Wilmslow to celebrate. It was Mum, Dad, Jasmine and I, which was really lovely as we don't get to all eat together very often anymore. Mum had got her ever trusty Tesco vouchers, so we could choose whatever we wanted, it is only on food but I was designated driver so wasn't too bothered about drinking anyway!

We ordered a sharer platter to start, as is customary at family meals out it seems. This one had bruschetta, tapenade and warm ciabatta sticks, mixed meats, buffalo mozzarella with tomatoes, and mixed leaves. Not the best we've had, but it was all nicely prepared and tasty, so can't complain. We also ordered a separate flatbread, that had tomato puree and pesto on which was delicious.  

Main course was a tough choice, as they had a new menu with lots of amazing sounding dishes on that I wanted to try. I eventually went for a chicken, pancetta, cheese, rocket and pesto burger with fries, which sounds fairly simple, but I usually go for fish or risotto in Italian restaurants, so thought I would step outside the box for once. I'm glad I did as it was so good and a nice change, even if a little more calorific!

We decided to go for some desserts as well seen as we had plenty of vouchers to spend, so I chose the vanilla panacotta topped with blueberries and raspberry coulis. It was lovely and light, and looked very pretty on the plate, a good one for a sunny summer evening. We all had a wonderful time, it was fun to catch up and have a giggle, and made even better when the parents were paying!

No comments:

Post a Comment