Sunday 29 June 2014

New Tastes...

Home Sweet Home, Northern Quarter

Today, Jasmine and I took a trip to one of our favourite cafes in Manchester - Home Sweet Home. We went at around 2pm, but didn't get there until 3pm as the traffic was awful. We decided to shop first (just a couple of quick trips to Primark and H&M) so eventually sat down to eat at 4pm.

As it was nearing tea time, we decided to have a full meal. We started with shakes - I had the Cookie Monster whilst Jasmine went for a nutella one that was really nutty and delicious, and surprisingly not too rich. For main course I chose chicken tenders in buttermilk batter served with seasoned fries, and Jas had a halloumi and falafel wrap. Mine was so huge I struggled and had to leave a couple of pieces, and though Jasmine wolfed hers down neither of us had enough room for dessert so we got our cake slices to take away.

I ordered the chocolate mud fest cake, a homage to Glastonbury taking place that weekend. It was multicoloured vanilla sponge with chocolate buttercream and decorated with chocolate 'rocks' which were basically super sized smarties! I was still so full later on that Mo ate most of mine, but I tried enough to know that it was amazing as usual, you can't beat Home Sweet Home for inventive looking cakes that taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment