Friday 22 August 2014

Weekly Update!

Brunches & Baking!

Before I start talking about this week, I have to mention where I went last weekend, as I didn't do a weekly view post due to being in Croatia for the majority of the week. On Saturday I went to an event being held for ten weeks called 'Up In Your Grill'. It is a pop up bar/ food joint in Brownsfield Mill, a disused warehouse in Ancoats, where each week three food outlets have stalls to sell their wares, as well as a bar selling cocktails and local ales, and a DJ playing on the decks.I had a Mumma Schnitzel burger that was a chicken schnitzel with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce and homemade slaw, so good!

This week has been good as I had a few days off after Croatia before being back in work. On Monday I met up with my friend Rick and his little boy, and we went to McDonalds for lunch. It was the first time I'd met Kieran, which was nice as Rick talks about him all the time. In the evening I did a great yoga class, and then Mo came round for the evening.

On Tuesday I had my speed awareness course, which took four hours! It actually wasn't too bad though, it was interesting and I was with a good group of people so it could have been much worse. On Wednesday Mo had the day off work so we went for lunch in Manchester at a place called Moose. It is an American style diner, so I had French toast with bacon and maple syrup - not quite as good as New York, but still mega tasty! I accompanied it with a caramel macchiato, and Mo had a beef patty with eggs and bacon in a brioche bun with homefries.

Thursday was my first day back at work, but it wasn't too bad as we started with a walk into Hale and breakfast in Cafe Gourmand. I had scrambled eggs and bacon with a croissant, two great brunches in a row! The rest of the day we just chilled out as Aum was a bit jet lagged. Today has been much the same, although we went to my flat to bake some blondies (white brownies) in the afternoon with Mo and this evening I had tea at my parents before coming home and catching up with this seasons Geordie Shore. This weekend is a Bank Holiday and we are at a wedding (see next week's post) so I'll sign off now to get some beauty sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment