Monday 3 January 2011

Weekly Update!

Sales, NYE and a Long Drive! (delayed from yesterday)

This week was relatively quiet after the bustle of the Christmas period, but I still ended up being away from home for the majority of it. Apart from the couple of shifts I worked, I was the definition of a social butterfly! On Wednesday I went to Crewe to stay with my boyfriend, and had my first opportunity for a bit of sales shopping. Compared to previous years, I was slightly disappointed, as the reductions were minimal, and it only seemed to be off a very small selection of stuff. I did manage to get some really nice khaki/ brown knee high boots with a slight heel and buckles on the back from Dorothy Perkins, which were a steal at £30.

On Thursday I drove back home and did the evening shift at work, followed by the early morning one on Friday, which always kills me (I have to be up at 6.20am). However, they were the only times I worked all week, so I was then free to enjoy New Year's Eve. My friend Emily decided to host a party at her student house in Nottingham, so a convoy of cars drove there on Friday afternoon. It was a really good night, as there were lots of different people there, a large number of whom I didn't know, so there was plenty of opportunity to get to know some new faces. On New Year's Day (the passengers very much worse for wear) we drove back to Manchester, and I had the chance for a couple of hours extra sleep at home before I drove to Crewe for a second time.

The following day was my flatmate from last year's 21st birthday party, so a group of us planned to travel to Letchworth in Hertfordshire where he lives to go.

As I'd driven to Crewe the night
before, the monster journey (I was going via Banbury to pick some friends up) was slightly shorter, and after about four and a half hours on the road we arrived at his house. It was a brilliant day, my friend Laura was back in England from Paris so it was great to see her again; and there was gorgeous food and a free bar- which we made full use of!

No comments:

Post a Comment