Sunday 23 January 2011

Weekly Update!

Girly Talks, Photo-shoots and an Amazing 21st!

So, first week back at uni. I was surprised how quickly I got into the swing of early mornings and working again, I actually feel like I'm putting effort in for the first time in my university career! On Monday after I'd had my first seminar, my two friends came round for a catch up and some tea. We ended up talking for ages, and by the time they left it was dark outside, but it was great to meet up to hear everyone's gossip from over the holidays.

Tuesday was spent doing work and planning an outfit for my friend's 21st on Friday. She said to dress up, so I had to make sure it was suitably formal! I

decided on my punky style River Island dress that I got in the sale for £10 (see previous post) and a pair of grey and fluorescent pink cut out heels that I adore. On Wednesday I went to my friend's house to do some photo-shoots for Tattered Lace. We had two themes, 'The 7 Deadly Sins' and 'Alice In Wonderland' and I was chosen to depict lust for the former. I wore my new corset of course, with some teal coloured silk knickers I have, and my hold ups. Despite it sounding quite raunchy, I posed on the bed reading a magazine, so it looked understated, which was my aim!

On Thursday morning I headed home for a few days, as I had work on my dissertation to do, and obviously the party to attend! I also had an informal interview at Masquerade Magazine for a potential internship. The company is based in Wilmslow which is relatively near my house, and despite being pretty nervous it all went smoothly, and I plan to go in for a few days a week over
Easter- exciting!


Friday dawned, and after spending what seemed like days writing my lit review, I put the laptop away and started getting ready. There were 13 of us going, some of Abi's friends from uni and some from home, and we all went round to her house for 8pm for champagne and nibbles. After taking a few photographs, we then jumped in a minibus and went into Manchester to Lounge 10, where we were eating. I'd never heard of the restaurant before, but it was gorgeous. It is very French chic, so had deep magenta silk curtains hanging from the ceiling, and ornate pillars in the corners. They had decorated the table with balloons and sequins, and had a singer for the night who was lovely. They also had a fortune teller on the top floor, so a few of the girls clubbed together and paid for Abi to have her fortune read- which was surprisingly accurate apparently!

We had a set menu, which was £14.50 for three courses, so very reasonable. I started with button mushrooms with pancetta and spring onion with a cheese crust, which tasted amazing. The portion was a good size for a starter and there was a good range of dishes on the menu. For main I had seafood medley linguine, which had a lot of seafood in, and the sauce, which had white

wine and cream in complimented it nicely. For dessert I had Eton mess, and it was by far my favourite course; meringue, cream and chocolate covered fruit- What more could you want in a dessert?!

After we had eaten (which was gone midnight- we must have got carried away!) we walked around the corner to Panacea. It is a club well known for attracting a select clientèle, that normally consists of footballers and those seeking them! We had a private table booked, and had chance to try a couple of the cocktails, as Abi's parents had very generously put some money behind the bar,

as well as paying for our meals and minibus. Unfortunately we didn't see any famous faces, just quite a lot of unattractive older men! It shut at 2am which was a shame as we wanted to get up and dance, but that didn't stop me falling asleep as soon as I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment