Sunday 16 October 2011

Weekly Update!

Work, Work, Work, Pool Party!

This week was my second of two crazy weeks, working twelve hours a day, but at least its all over now.

On Wednesday night I went to see Midnight in Paris with a couple of friends and Chris (see next week's post) and on my day off on Thursday I went for a wander around TK Maxx and the retail park, but unfortunately didn't buy anything.


On Friday to celebrate finishing work, I went with Charlotte and Tasha to The House restaurant in Goose Green, Altrincham. It's somewhere I've always wanted to go, and so suggested it when we were deciding on a venue. We had bread on the table to start with, and for main I had scallop, king prawn and

chorizo skewers, which were amazing (if a little pricey at £15.90). They were served with rice and a peppery rocket salad, which went well with the flavours from the seafood, and the spiciness of the chorizo. For dessert I had a caramel and pecan tart, which I gladly would have eaten all night, as it was gorgeous. It was served with rich vanilla ice cream, and raspberry coulis. I shared a bottle of nice wine with Charlotte, and with a 25% off voucher we had, my part of the bill came to £24, which I thought very reasonable for the quality of the food. I would definitely go again, and for anyone local - try it!


We were all dead by ten o'clock so headed home to bed, and I very much enjoyed the novelty of a lie-in on Saturday. When I got up the sun was shining, so I went on a lovely run near my house, along some back roads that passed fields with cows and horses in, which was nicer scenery than sweaty men at the gym! That evening I headed to a friend's house for a pool party. I had a really good night, and we spontaneously decided to venture into Manchester at 2am, so that was an interesting outcome. I went back to bed after getting home on the Sunday, as my head was feeling the 2 bottles of wine I had consumed, and the severe lack of sleep - we got in at 6am! It was something different though I guess, and totally suitable as a celebration of finishing working crazy hours for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment