Sunday 30 October 2011

Weekly Update!

New York Plans, Skirts & Pint-pulling!

This week didn't involve a great deal yet again, except for something very exciting - I booked flights to New York! I can't wait until April now. I'm going with two of my friends to visit my friend Abi who is living there for this year, so we should get a proper insider's view of the city, as she knows lots of cool places to go.

On my day off on Thursday I went for a coffee and some gorgeous chocolate cake with my friend Charlotte, and we mooched around Altrincham for a while. I stumbled across an amazing crinoline in a charity shop for just £4 so snapped that up! On Friday I worked in the morning and evening so had a very rushed meeting in the middle with Lydia, who was back from York for a few days.

On Saturday I did my first mini-shift at the new pub that I work at - The Greyhound in Ashley. It was fairly quiet, which was good for me to practise pulling pints and getting accustomed to a different till. After I had finished at 2pm, I rushed home and went to Stockport with my mum for a little wander. I have never been before and was pleasantly surprised at the range of shops, especially as there was a Primark! I bought a nice pleated silk skirt from Topshop's sale using a voucher that I got for my birthday in June. I love using old vouchers, it feels like free clothes!

We drove home, and shortly afterwards I headed to Millington to babysit. Charlotte came with me, and we had a fun night making candyfloss with the kids, before watching The Other Boleyn Girl once they were asleep. We were home by 1am so it wasn't too bad, and with the clocks going back, even getting up at 9am felt like a lie-in.

I went to the gym for a much needed workout, and then worked my last ever shift at Spar in the evening. It was bizarre to think I'll never have to work there again, but though I'll miss a few of the customers, I am well and truly glad I'll never break another nail stacking shelves, or have to deal with smelly stale beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment