Sunday 25 March 2012

Traveller's Tales...

Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet

As I missed Mother's Day last week due to visiting my friend down South, my mum and I had decided to spend today doing something nice together. We got ready and then drove to Cheshire Oaks in the lovely sunshine for a spot of shopping. We got there at around 1pm and started in Ralph Lauren.

The outlet is a McArthur Glen one (they have them at various places around the country - I have also frequented the York one) and so everything is cheaper than in the normal shops, sometimes to a ridiculous degree, not that I'm complaining.


My first purchases were two bras from Elle McPherson Intimates, which are lovely and were only £5 each. They had loads available, so I had to choose carefully! Unfortunately they only had the matching briefs and thongs in big sizes, so I'll have to improvise with stuff I already have to make them complete sets.

We worked our way steadily around the perimeter, before stopping for some lunch at Pret A Manger. I was paying as a belated Mother's Day treat, and we had some soup each (I had pea and ham, Mum had curried lentil and chickpea) and then shared a crayfish and rocket sandwich. In hindsight we really didn't need both, as the soups were very thick and hearty, but we still just about managed to finish everything. I would insert a picture of our food here, if I had not forgotten my camera, and my Iphone had run out of battery!

After lunch we continued shopping, and I ended up with a couple of nice smart/ casual tops from Vans, a beautiful Fiorelli handbag that has been put away for my birthday later in the year, and a top and dress from Karen Millen. Both are very structured, the top is quite Japanese in style as it is sleeveless with a high collar, with a neckline that then drops, and was only £25. The dress was an absolute bargain, as I saw it reduced to £50 from £190 which already was a huge saving, and then when I tried it on I realised the zip was broken, so it had another £15 sliced off the price! Luckily I have a couple of people that I can call upon to help fix it, as it is gorgeous - black bodycon style, with a lace top panel that has a swirled pattern appliquéd on, I am hoping to have it ready to wear for when I go to New York in a couple of weeks.

It got to around 4.30pm and we were beginning to feel a little shopped out, so we stopped at Mcdonalds for a cheap coffee and McFlurry before heading back home, laden down with our bags. I am excited for my birthday to hurry up now so I can get my handbag! I have since worked out that all my purchases should have cost me £414, yet I paid £86. Well worth a visit if you are ever in the Ellesmere Port area!

No comments:

Post a Comment