Saturday 31 March 2012

Dinner For Six...

At Emily & Smeeds

Yesterday I had a nightmare drive, first to Pontefract, and then back via Leeds to collect my sister from university. Normally that wouldn't be too bad, except that I got lost on the way from Pontefract to Leeds (must buy a satnav) and then there was a crash on the M62, so I was in the car for a grand total of six and a half hours, grim!

Luckily, my friend Emily had invited a group of us around to her house for some food that she was cooking, so at least I didn't have to think about making tea once I got back home. For starters she did amazing nachos, with cheese, sour cream and homemade salsa, even the crumbs got eaten!

Sticking with the Mexican theme she made beef chilli burritos for the main course, with spicy rice. I could only manage two half wraps before I was absolutely stuffed, I did cram everything in though, including more salsa and sour cream.


We all thought that was everything, and then Emily trotted out with some adorable cupcakes that she had made, that were lemon flavoured with raspberry icing and raspberries on top. She had even put little swirls of the icing on the plate so it looked lovely, and we couldn't resist eating them despite being really full.

Seeing all my mates, catching up and having some good grub really cheered me up after what was an exhausting and boring day, and after lots of giggles we are all in the mood for going out on the town tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment