Sunday 28 April 2013

Days Out...

The Cheshire Hunt Point To Point, Tabley House

Today we've had a really good day out at the races. Although not a 'proper' meet, it was a Point to Point, where amateur riders and those involved in local hunts race over jumps to the finish. It is a little less formal than a traditional race meet (no hats or heels here - wellies and Barbours all the way!) but you still win the same, so it's all good!

We took a little picnic and set up a table with the goodies on. It was pretty chilly, but luckily a kind gentleman strategically parked his Jeep as a windbreak for us. There were six races in total, but it started pouring down before the last one, so we skipped that and went home for a curry.

The first and second races Dad and I split on, choosing Bleu Run and Fineas Finn, neither of whom won, despite the latter being second for the whole course, obviously peaked too early. The third race I went for Our Jim, who was first the whole way and then fell at the last post! The horse that Mo backed, Ganbei, won though, so I'll let mine off. I had a big win on Natural Action in the next race, as it was 14/1 so I came away with £39, giving me a £20 profit on bets, woop!  Finally I chose Joe's A Boy, who was at 6/1, but didn't come anywhere near. Can't complain after my decent win though, everyone else about broke even, though Mo was in the minus. It's always a great day out, loads of fun, and you get to have a few bevvies and some nibbles. Shame about the weather not being that nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment