Tuesday 2 April 2013

New Tastes...

Gusto, Didsbury

With it being a Bank Holiday yesterday, Tasha, Lydia, Abi and I decided to go out for lunch. A few places were suggested before we decided on Gusto in Didsbury for a change of scene. We ate in the Knutsford one back on the August Bank Hol, so it seemed appropriate too! We parked nearby and sat in a high booth which was cosy, and the atmosphere in there was really nice, busy but not so heaving that we found it difficult to flag a waiter down when needed.

We got a glass of wine each (a little pricey at £7 a go), and ordered some starters to share. Abi and I had king prawns in a creamy tomato sauce served with crunchy bruchetta, while Tasha and Lydia opted for the garlic bread with cheese, which was a pizza style one. We were served at a nice pace, and it was all really well presented. We were asked if we needed anything, and then checked back upon to make sure it was all up to scratch, which I always like in a restaurant.

We waited fifteen minutes in between starter and main, which I thought was a good length of time to have a bit of a rest and get your mouth watering for the next course. I chose a mushroom risotto with added pancetta which was delicious, although given that I had a starter I wish I had stuck to my original decision and got a small portion, as it was pretty dense so super filling. Tasha had roast duck with white beans, Abi had a scallop and pancetta salad and Lydia had spaghetti carbonara, and all said it was really good, although Abi did comment that her salad had a little too much vinaigrette on it.

Afterwards we were tempted by dessert, but I settled for a cup of tea instead. All in all with a tip mine came to £27 which I thought was perfectly satisfactory, and we all left thoroughly stuffed and suitably tipsy (the non-drivers of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment