Sunday 4 August 2013

Days Out...

The Frozen Mop, Mobberley

Yesterday Mo and I went to The Frozen Mop in Mobberley for lunch with Jack, James, Kelly and MC. It was one I'd suggested as my parents said it was nice and has been done up fairly recently. Upon checking out the menu it seemed like it had a decent choice and wasn't super expensive, as is often the case with gastro-pubs in Cheshire.

It took us about twenty minutes to drive there, and we were closely followed by Mo and Jack on their motorbikes (half the reason why a country pub had been suggested). The weather was gorgeous, so we sat outside, and chatted for quite a while before ordering anything. As I wasn't designated driver for once, I ordered a large glass of white wine, and we got two of the Tasting Platters to share between the six of us. They had pots of melted cheese with onion marmalade and baguettes to dip into it, crackling covered pork belly fritters, lamb meatballs, breaded mushrooms and cheesy breadcrumbed chicken breast - I could have eaten one to myself as a main it was all so tasty. I particularly liked the pork belly fritters, which were served with  a garlic and parsley mayonnaise.

For main (though I barely needed one after that!) I had chicken, ham and leek pie, which had a massive buttery puff pastry lid. It was served with chips and peas, and was one of the cheapest dishes on the menu at just £8.25. There wasn't a great deal of filling, but to be honest that may have just been because the top was so huge! Overall it was a great lunch venue, made even better by the fantastic weather as the beer garden is delightful. If you're ever in the area, or fancy doing a country walk, it would be an ideal stop off for food or just a drink, as the bar menu was pretty impressive, including a selection of cocktails, Prosecco and a few different ales on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment