Saturday 24 August 2013

Weekly Update!

Reunions & Holiday Preparations!

This week has been super slow as I've been desperate for it to finish so I can go on holiday! On Monday I was feeling pensive and motivated, which I find are always two great ingredients for a run, so I did 6km in the sunshine before going round to Mo's. On Tuesday Aum had a golf lesson in Styal, so I went for a wander around John Lewis, looking at stuff for my flat that I definitely cant afford! I sent my amended article about my trip to London off to Candid (see previous post) and then went to Mo's again in the evening,

On Wednesday Aum was picked up to go to his grandparents at lunchtime, so I went to the gym in the afternoon, dip dyed my hair teal (!) and then met up with Emily and our old school friend Katie at the Slug and Lettuce in Sale in the evening. We haven't seen each other for over a year so it was really nice to catch up - so much has changed for all of us!

As Aum was staying in Pontefract until Friday, I had a nice day off on Thursday; I went to the Trafford Centre with Abi for a last minute pre-holiday shop, and though I only got a pair of shorts, they were £4 in the sale, so definitely worth venturing out for! We had lunch at the Marks and Spencer's cafe, which is always cheap and cheerful, and then headed home around 4pm.

On Friday I really didn't feel well, but had to drive to Pontefract and back to get Aum, so once I'd had my nails done in the afternoon I wanted nothing better than to collapse in bed. I had to do a bit of packing, but after that I slept soundly until this morning, when I got ready and picked a very hungover Mo up from the hotel he had stayed at with some old college friends who were visiting for the weekend. The two of us went into Didsbury to Bistro 156 for some lunch, where I had a bacon, brie and onion marmalade sandwich, and he got a full English in an attempt to feel better. I am now fully packed, and only a night's babysitting stands between me and six days in Marbella!

No comments:

Post a Comment