Sunday 3 November 2013

Weekly Update!

Zombies, MexicanRetail Therapy!

This week has been half term, so whilst there has been a distinct lack of gymming, it has been pretty fun filled. On Monday we had a lazy day, and then on Tuesday I took Aum and his two friends to see Turbo (see previous post). On Wednesday we went to The Manchester Museum as they have recently reopened The Vivarium, which is full of my favourites - frogs! We had lunch there (a very tasty pea and mint soup with homemade bread) and then came home in the afternoon. That evening I went to Mo's  just to chill out, as the full days of the holiday were getting the better of me!

On Thursday it was Halloween, so Aum went out for tea at Pizza Express dressed as a zombie followed by trick or treating, which made my day easier! After work Mo and I went to the cinema to see Thor, which I really enjoyed (see next week's post), and I ordered my sofas which got me quite excited about moving in... whenever that may be!

Friday was a quiet one, I just stayed in and chilled out with Mum, but on Saturday I went into Manchester with Mo for a bit of shopping and we went to the Northern Quarter for some lunch. I have a long list of places to try there, but we were feeling hungry so opted for Luck Lust Liquor & Burn, a Mexican that is currently playing host to Manchester's finest burger joint, Almost Famous, since it burnt down a couple of months ago. I had a shredded beef burrito with king prawns which was amazing, if a little spicy! Mo had an Almost Famous burger called the Killer Bacon Cheese, which had three burgers, bacon, cheese, chilli, chipotle sauce and baconnaise in, accompanied by their speciality bacon bacon fries. I would definitely recommend going there if you have a big appetite and  like your American food!

That evening I went for a few drinks in Altrincham with the girls. We started at the Belgian bar, then moved onto Bloom, where I bumped into some of my sisters friends so stayed out with them. Today I felt especially ropey, but forced myself out shopping with Mum. We went to a retail park near Denton which was really good and had lots of shops without the hassle of going to the Trafford Centre or Manchester.

I got quite a few things in the sales - a striped blouse, a vest top with a rib skeleton on it and a pair of partially shiny black jeans from H&M, and a multicoloured geometric print dress and turquoise leopard print pencil skirt from USC. All of it came to less than £60, so pretty good. Then we drove home and Mo joined us for a massive roast dinner with waffles and ice cream for dessert, and I am currently food comatosed in front of the TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment