Sunday 13 November 2011

Weekly Update!

TGIs, Tescos & Gourmet Burger Kitchen!

This week has been full of culinary delights. I worked both morning and evening on Monday, which I am to do every week from now on, but on Tuesday after a quick trip around the Trafford Centre, I went to TGI Fridays with Chris. We had their special offer, which was 2 courses for £9.99. I had chicken sesame strips in Jack Daniels glaze for a starter, followed by a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and an English Garden cocktail, which contained gin, elderflower and cranberry juice with soda. Chris had boneless chicken wings and the Classic American burger, and a chocolate brownie for dessert, which was an extra £3. It was the first time Chris had been to TGIs, and he really enjoyed it; we were both really impressed with the food and service, especially for such great value.

Wednesday was a quiet day, but on Thursday after work I went to Leeds to visit my sister at university. My mum had bought us one of the Tesco meals for £5 (we got garlic bread, chicken and bacon pie, and apple crumble) which we ate before going out on the town. I went with a family friend, whose sister is also at the same uni, and we all went out together to a club called Warehouse. The music had a bit to be desired, but it was busy and cheap, and was great to feel like a student again!

We travelled home together on Friday, and in the evening I went to the Trafford Centre again, this time with my friends Tasha and Charlotte to have some food and a look around the shops. We went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen, where I had the chicken, avocado and bacon burger. I wasn't a fan of having to buy everything separately (even the dipping sauces),

as it did make a burger and chips meal rather pricey, but the food was delicious, and the self service style means that you save on a tip. After our meal I bought some makeup from MAC, and a Pandora charm for my cousin's 18th birthday, as well as some Christmas presents - I'm being organised this year!

Yesterday I worked at the pub, and then went to Chris' where we had a few drinks in Sandbach with his friends. I was driving so didn't have a wild night, but it was nice to be away from an empty house as my parents were away this weekend. A busy but enjoyable week!

No comments:

Post a Comment