Sunday 27 November 2011

Weekly Update!

Back to working life!

This week was slightly confusing as I only arrived home from Dublin late on Monday evening, so I felt like I was a day behind for the whole week!

Tuesday I was back at work, which brought me back to reality, but it wasn't too bad as Chris stayed at my house while I was there, so when I came back I just chilled out for the rest of the day, eating nice food and watching rubbish television! Wednesday and Thursday were pretty boring, I was just doing jobs and filling my time with mindless things, although I did manage to buy a few Christmas presents.

On Friday I had my hair tinted a silvery-grey colour, which I really like, and it is a welcome change from the normal blonde I have been for a while now. I have been coveting the shade for ages, so it is good to finally see what I look like with it. I went out for a few drinks at one of my local pubs in the evening; it has recently been refurbished so we were all curious to see what it looked like. It is much more luxurious in there now, I think it is trying to compete with the upmarket gastro-pubs that we are surrounded with near where I live.

The following day I worked at the pub, and then drove straight to Lancaster for a night out with my old university friends. I picked up my friend Emily and her boyfriend on the way, as they fancied a change of scenery, and Chris was there visiting too. We drank for quite a while in the townhouse on campus, before going to the Pendle Witch and then to good ol' Hustle the shooter bar, for some disgustingly strong shots. After that we went to Sugarhouse, which was nicely bustling, and had a tequila stand for the night. I saw a few familiar faces, and got tipsy enough to forget about hectic life for a while which was fun.


On Sunday I drove us all home, and Chris came back with me for a Sunday roast (though it was toad-in-the-hole, so cheating slightly!). We were knackered so had a little catnap in the afternoon, before I took him to the station to catch a train back to Crewe. The weekend went too fast, especially seen as it is my last free one before Christmas (!) but it was fun all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment