Wednesday 25 July 2012

Summer Views...

Ice Age 4: Continental Drift - 3 stars ***

Last Friday I had Aum and his cousin to occupy, so I took them to the cinema to see the latest offering in the Ice Age series. It being the fourth film, I expected it to be pretty poor, but it was actually very entertaining and all three of us enjoyed it.

This time around, the group of prehistoric critters face the wrath of Mother Earth, when the land they know begins to break up, separating Manny, Diego and Sid from the rest of their friends.

Trapped on a drifting iceberg, the trio stumble across the fearsome Captain Gut and his band of rogues, who capture them and threaten their death. However, the group escape, infuriating the pirates, so that a pursuit ensues across the ocean.

As well as all the usual favourites (and yes, Scrat is back!) there were a few new faces in the movie, my favourites of whom were Sid's granny, who came out with some brilliant one liners, and Captain Gut, who was truly villainous.

The visual quality of the film is second to none, as the landscapes and characters are all in gorgeous colours and look fab. There is also a really fun catchy song that the pirates sing when they first meet the group of stowaways which was stuck in my head for hours!

I think all 'kids' films nowadays have a great many elements that are aimed at adults, to prevent a boring experience every time you accompany a child to the cinema; but this film especially tickled me as an older viewer, so I would recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment