Sunday 22 July 2012

Weekly Update!

Spending, Pub  Lunches & Sunshine!

This week has been a bit up and down to be honest. I was on a serious downer after coming home from Benicassim on Monday, so spent the day unpacking and moping around feeling sorry for myself! On Tuesday it was my first day back at work, so it was tiring and really dragged, especially as it is my longest day, finishing at 7.30pm.

On Wednesday after work I went to Sam's and we made pizzas, only for the oven to break! We had to resort to a backup plan, and went to Strada in Wilmslow. I had butternut squash and pancetta risotto, which I actually had the last time I went there a couple of years ago, but it is so good! Sam had a pizza with salami, peppers and chilli which was pretty spicy, but good.

On Friday I went to the Trafford Centre, armed with my birthday vouchers which I had yet to spend. It was quite a successful trip actually. I came away with a chunky gold necklace of dog bones from Topshop, in the sale for £10, and a gorgeous electric blue dress from Miss Selfridge for £20 which has a large lace panel across the whole of the back. I also got a cute pink dress for £5 in the H&M sale along with three little stretchy crop tops in different colours for my holiday, that were only £2 each. 

I worked on Saturday and then went out in Hale with my girlfriends, which was a lot of fun. My friend Abi who we stayed with in New York is now home, so it was great to see her and have a few drinks and a boogie!

Today the weather has been amazing, so I went for lunch at The Plough and Flail in Mobberley with Lydia, and we sat outside in the sunshine. I had fish and chips, it was huge! I couldn't finish it all, but it was delicious. Then we came home and went to the field across the road from my house and just had a good chinwag and a chill out. It has been a really pleasant lazy Sunday, I'm now just hoping the weather stays nice for this week and it goes quickly, as I go to Tenerife a week today!

No comments:

Post a Comment