Sunday 30 June 2013

Weekly Update!

Pet Hens & an Edinburgh Hen Party!

This week has been pretty placid to be honest, mainly as I was gearing myself up for my friend Laura's hen party this weekend. On Monday we got some pet chickens! It's been a seriously long time coming, but we are now the proud owners of Mildred, Daphne, Fifty Something and Little Poppy! In the evening I went to see Kings Of Leon with my friend Rick (see previous post) and on Tuesday I did a spinning class and then had dinner at the Country Club in the evening. This week I was a little naughty and went for the club sandwich, which had chicken, bacon and salad in it on ciabatta bread, with a side order of chunky chips! Aum has had it before and it looked so good I had to try it myself, and to be fair I shared the sandwich with him this time so it wasn't a huge portion. It comes with a gorgeous paprika mayonnaise dressing that really adds to the flavour of the meats.

On Wednesday I did a Body Pump class and ran a few errands, then Mo came around in the evening. It was payday so I finally paid off all my debts and booked a bag for our flight to Mallorca which is coming up soon! On Thursday I collected Aum early from school and drove him to his grandparents in Pontefract for the weekend, meaning I had Friday off work which was a nice bonus. I didn't do much, had a lie in, did a Body Combat class and then popped to Stockport to pick up some bits for the hen party, the weather was awful so I got drenched despite having an umbrella!

It was Emily's birthday so I went round to hers with a card and to say hello, as I missed her party with being away this weekend. I packed my bag, had fish and chips for tea and then went to Mos for the evening. He left early on Saturday to do his CBT test (which he passed!) so I went home and got ready to catch my train at 10.20am to Edinburgh. When I arrived I shopped for a bit until the rest of the girls got into the city centre, I bought an amazing dress in the Topshop sale for just £10! At 4pm we went for afternoon tea at the Caledonian Hotel (see next week's post).

Afterwards we headed back to the house we were staying at, and got ready for a night out in formal evening dresses! We had a toast to the bride-to-be and a few predrinks and nibbles before getting taxis in to the city at 10pm. We started in a bar called Dragonfly where we had some very tasty and unusual cocktails, mine had basil, pepper and raspberries in with gin, and I bought Laura one that had egg white, elderflower syrup and gin. They both tasted amazing and it's always nice having something a bit different. We moved on to the next place after a while, called Lulu's, where we had tequila shots and skittle bombs to get the night going! We ended in a club called Opal Lounge that was underground, it played some good tunes and we were lucky enough to be on the VIP list so got entry into a separate room with tables and a different DJ. We only stayed in there for a while though, as the main room was more atmospheric and had better music on! We eventually got home and had a feast of cheese and bread before bed at 4.30am.


This morning we were up surprisingly early, and dressed in a Secret Garden theme for a beautiful brunch that Laura's sister and mum made. We started with fresh fruit with yoghurt and granola, followed by poached eggs with asparagus and sourdough bread, and finally homemade cinnamon buns that were incredible! It was lovely to all sit around recounting the night, and then we all gave Laura a few presents and a scrapbook for her to make with letters from us all (including some who couldn't make it) and some bits and bobs to remember the occasion. Then we all packed up and headed off in our separate directions to go home!

I got back just before six, and got a lift home from Mo, who then stayed for a Sunday roast with everyone, including my Grandpa who has been to stay for a few days. I am so tired after the weekend's activities that I feel I will crash into bed fairly soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment