Tuesday 23 July 2013

Days Out...

Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port

Yesterday I went to Cheshire Oaks with my mum for a little shopping trip. I am still on my time off work, and she had a day off before returning to her job after a holiday, so we decided to do something enjoyable. I needed some shoes for my friend's wedding this weekend, so that was the purpose of the trip, although ironically I came home without any!

There were a lot of really good sales on this visit; I often find Cheshire Oaks is a little hit and miss, and sometimes you can wander around for hours without finding anything. Fortunately this wasn't one of those occasions. My first purchase was a cut out swimsuit for £12 and a pair of grey cats-eye sunglasses for £4 both from Vans. The swimsuit is cream with multicoloured leopard style spots on, interspersed with the occasional eye or two! I am not usually a fan of swimsuits (as they hinder maximum tanning opportunity!) but this one is completely open at the back, and the side sections that are cut out are quite big, so it isn't much more covering than a normal bikini.

Next, I tried on a few bits in Calvin Klein, mainly pyjama pants, as I have a pair already that are super comfy. I eventually went with a grey leopard print pair with a magenta waistband that were £15, that can be turned up into 3/4 length ones, which is great for all this hot weather.

My next purchase was an absolute steal! After trying on a couple of potential wedding shoes in Daniel, a pair of taupe studded heels caught my attention. They fitted perfectly and for only £11, I couldn't resist. Despite having a pair that are a similar colour already, I would wear them each for separate occasions (the other pair are wedges) so I didn't feel too bad.

At this point we were getting a bit tired, and craving coffee, so rushed the last few shops. I got a pair of Diesel bikini bottoms for £6 to go with a plain black top I have already, and a pair of little maroon shoe boots that were only £12 that Mum is putting away for a Christmas present for me. I also got Mo a purple striped shirt for the wedding, that was just £9 from Moss, bargain!

We stopped and had a coffee and McFlurry at McDonalds (new Galaxy Caramel flavour - amazing!) and then I met up with Claire who used to live in Paris and we all drove back home as she was staying the night. Successful trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment